Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleep is a beautiful thing...


I can't remember the last time I slept straight through the night. Lately I find that I wake up and my mind is actually finishing a sentence - inane as it may be. Sometimes I emerge from the fog of sleep solving a problem that I didn't know that I had. Thankfully or woefully, when I am fully awake, I have forgotten the specifics of either the conversation or the problem solving. What keeps the mind going? What is the mind anyway? Afterall, we cannot see the mind. We see the brain where we think the mind is centralized or is it. I only know that when when I think a lot (my mind is working - albeit not well), I feel it in my head.

Where is our heart in all this psychobabble? What do you think?

1 comment:

Rick Goldstein said...

I have had the same experience for many years, especially when life is stressful. It seems my unconscious is solving problems, and I wake to become aware (conscious) of the answer