Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Anyone?



Today is tax deadline day in the US. Paying taxes is part of the privilege of living here. It's like homeowner fees or condo fees. You turn this money over to some people who for the most part you select to manage how that money is used. In my neighborhood, I can see the outcomes very tangibly. My streets are cleaned regularly, the public spaces are attended to, the playgrounds are complete with fun and safe equipment, even street light bulbs are replaced when they burn out (oh maybe this takes a couple of months but they still get replaced).

So when you look at how your money is managed at the national level....you have to wonder, how are we doing? Do you trust how your money is being managed? being applied? Do you trust the people who for the most part you selected to manage this money?

2 comments:

Dodger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dodger said...

I'm happy to pay my taxes. Every year I make more money and pay more taxes. Proud to be an American, blah blah blah. But the stewardship of my tax money drives me to drink! Drinking and driving should be prohibited. Perhaps we should add another billion dollars to the budget to sponsor a study on drinking and driving. Perhaps people who have received DUIs are being unfairly persecuted! Let's fund the ACLU! Make them a Federal agency! Does Nancy Pelosi deduct her face lifts?